Current Schedule (past events click on link http://coquillevalley.org/doracemetery/events/
March 1 (Friday), 2013 The following announcement posted at the Dora Cemetery:
The Dora Cemetery Association (DCA) annual meeting of May 19, 2012, approved the following:
- Grave site prices are $ 400.
- Administrative fee to be paid prior to interment is $ 50.
The DCA board of directors in their December 7, 2013, meeting made the following changes:
- All interments whether of traditional or cremation are to be done only by our sexton, John Frazier. John Frazier contact information is (541) 572-5612.
- All placements of grave markers are to be placed in our cemetery by our sexton, John Frazier.
- Burial eligibility rules now include Voting District #28 as it existed as of May 19, 1979. This includes the general areas of Fairview, Laverne Park, Hungry Mountain, McKinley, Cherry Creek Park, Cherry Creek, and Middle Creek. It doesn’t include Myrtle Point, Norway, Lee Valley or Gravelford.
April 5 (Friday), 2013, workparty at cemetery approximately 8 AM.
May 17 (Friday), 2013 workparty at cemetery approximately 8 AM
May 18 (Saturday), 2013, Dora Cemetery Association annual meeting being held at Coos Curry Electric Cooperative’s board room in Coquille, Oregon at 10 A.M. The address is 220 South Mill Avenue.
Dear Dora Cemetery Association (DCA) Members,
Volunteers’ sparing their valuable time, generous donations and sharing of ideas has greatly improved our cemetery since May 2010. Dale Wilson, Lyle Wilson, Jeff Wilson, Tom Krewson, Ernie Krewson, and Clell Laird invite you to the 2013 DCA work parties. Please contact Ernie Krewson at (503) 393-0585 if you are interested in:
- Participating in the state grant program on August 18 (Saturday) 2012 at 9 AM for cleaning and leveling grave markers at our cemetery. The success of this project relies on you volunteering your valuable time at our cemetery. The state is granting us funding to repair grave markers by paying our cemetery $ 8 for each hour a volunteer works on the betterment of our grave markers. Please come to our special event as refreshments and light snacks will be provided. Donations are gladly accepted in lieu of volunteer work.
- Donating funds in maintaining the cemetery grounds or cleaning/leveling grave markers
- Participating in the next grounds maintenance (i.e. mowing, brush cutting) work party
- Coming to either function and sharing your ideas or reminiscing about ole times
- Making a donation to our cemetery
- New fence
- Extending parking lot adding additional pavement
The Dora Cemetery is a private, non-profit pioneer cemetery managed by volunteers who are contributing their time and money. The cemetery receives no regular funding from the local, state, or federal governments, nor is significant grant funding available to defray our maintenance and administrative costs. Can you make a contribution toward the real costs of maintaining our special place? If so, please send a tax deductible donation to the address listed below OR click on the tab provided and you will be taken to the donations page - http://coquillevalley.org/doracemetery/contribute/
The Dora Cemetery Association is a federally recognized 501(c) (13) charitable organization. As such, Internal Revenue Code § 170(c)(5) provides for federal and state income tax deductions for those who contribute to the Dora Cemetery Association. Attached IRS letter granting our cemetery tax-exempt status for donations and historical cemetery status provided – 2012 IRS Tax Exempt Letter (2) and Historical Cemetery Certificate
Please share with family and friends.
Secretary / Treasurer
1811 Stone Hedge Drive
Keizer, Oregon 97303